Established in 1913 and located in the borough of Mount Wolf, Pennsylvania, Eagle Fire Company #1 serves the borough of Mount Wolf, Pennsylvania and the Eastern half of East Manchester Township. Eagle Fire Company #1 also provides mutual aid to surrounding companies.
Eagle Fire Company is pleased to announce that we have been selected to receive a grant totaling $1,000.00 to replace pagers through Georgia Pacific Bucket Brigade. Georgia Pacific is one of our main employers in Mount Wolf Borough. Each year the company awards grants to fire departments that have a GP plant in their district. In addition, Eagle Fire Company has a Trustee that is employed through Georgia Pacific. Leadership from both organizations were present at a check presentation ceremony. Additional information about the Bucket Brigade program may be found at the following link. http://www.gp.com/aboutus/bucketbrigade/
It's time for Fire Prevention Week, and from October 6-12 Eagle Fire Company is joining forces with the nonprofit National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) to remind local residents to ‘Prevent Kitchen Fires.' During this year's fire safety campaign, fire departments will be spreading the word about the dangers of kitchen fires--most of which result from unattended cooking—and teaching local residents how to prevent kitchen fires from starting in the first place.
According to the latest NFPA research, cooking is the leading cause of home fires. Two of every five home fires begin in the kitchen—more than any other place in the home. Cooking fires are also the leading cause of home fire-related injuries.
"Often when we're called to a fire that started in the kitchen, the residents tell us that they only left the kitchen for a few minutes," said (Your name, title). "Sadly, that's all it takes for a dangerous fire to start. We hope that Fire Prevention Week will help us reach folks in the community before they've suffered a damaging lesson."
Among the safety tips that firefighters and safety advocates will be emphasizing:
• Stay in the kitchen when you are frying, grilling, broiling, or boiling food.
• If you must leave the room, even for a short period of time, turn off the stove.
• When you are simmering, baking, or roasting food, check it regularly, stay in the home, and use a timer to remind you.
• If you have young children, use the stove’s back burners whenever possible. Keep children and pets at least three away from the stove.
• When you cook, wear clothing with tight-fitting sleeves.
• Keep potholders, oven mitts, wooden utensils, paper and plastic bags, towels, and anything else that can burn, away from your stove top.
• Clean up food and grease from burners and stove tops.
Fire Prevention Week is actively supported by fire departments across the country. Fire Prevention Week is the longest running public health and safety observance on record.
Eagle Fire Company was able to participate in the Annual Dover Fireman's water battle with 2 teams again this year. Team 1, which took First Place, consisted of Capt. C Yingling, FF N. Claybaugh, FF J. Ankeny, FF J. Mater, and Jr. FF L. Shupp. Team 2, which took Third Place, consisted of Lt. J. Bush, FF J. Parish, FF K. Smith, FF. T. Wunsch, and Jr. FF A. Sutherland. We would like to take this opportunity to thank the hosts of the event, Union Fire & Hose Company #1 of Dover PA, without whom none of this would have been possible. We look forward to defending our title next year!
At 17:40 North East Fire Rescue (Companies 22 & 23) were dispatched to a reported structure fire on S Second St. in Mount Wolf Borough. Upon arrival the crew found that the fire was contained to the table cloth, (2) PVC chairs, and a stroller. The fire was started when a plastic table cloth blew on top of a lit candle. After checking for extension of fire from the porch to this house the box was placed available.
At 19:07 Station 22 and Station 23 were dispatched to a vehicle accident on Wago Rd. in East Manchester TWP. A Water rescue crew entered the creek to rescue one patient from the vehicle. The same crew also assisted with removal of the vehicle from the water. The Box was put in service at 20:30
Page 1 of 13